First news in a process of 1110 celebrated by Judge Maraldo in the monastery of St. Michael the Archangel of Perdifumo. There were: the great abbot Peter of Salerno and the priest Desideo Sessa. The village is also mentioned in the demarcation of border of the goods of Guglielmo Sanseverino and of the abbey of Cava in March 1187.The village, which was never subject to the Abbey of Cava, in 1276 was included in the barony of Rocca, when the barony passed by King Charles to Ruggiero Sanseverino.
In 1392 and following years the estate belonged to Capano Rocca, and properly in Mazzeo Capano who had married Giulia Caracciolo of Naples. MazzeoBuzzano was succeeded by his son who was stripped of assets, then returned to thenephew Francis. A descendant of the latter, Bernardino, alienatedthe feud, with agreement to repurchase, to Horace Verduzio of Celso.
Bythat the estate passed to his nephew Marzio, then to his nephew Antonio Mariaand by him to Joseph Verduzio, who in 1693 sold it to the first Giovanni A. Volpe. From this, the estate passed to his daughter Lucrezia, whichsold Sessa (23 June 1698) to Giovan Battista Cardone that alienatedthe feud in favor of his brother Thomas, Marquis of Melito and Prignano.
From this the fief returned to the Verduzio Cardone family for the wedding between Anna, sister of Thomas, and Antonio Maria Verduzio.From this the estate passed to Felicia at her wedding with John d’Afllitto, Baron of Roccagloriosa. In an instrument notarized in Sessa we read, among the defendants, Baroness AntoniaVerduzio from Sessa and her husband Joseph D’Afflitto, patrician from Naples.
In 1734 Baroness alienated the estate in favor of the Duke Nicholas Petrone. In the same year, he sold it to Thomas Garofalo, who was succeeded, by testamentary disposition, the son Joseph.Supplements the feudal inheritance the Cedolario: from Tommaso Garofalo, Marquis of Camella (d. 3 April 1763), the estate passed to his son Joseph (d. October 30, 1786).
By him to his son Nicholas who in 1792 sold the estate to Hercules Jordan, which obtained the last header of it (17 August 1793).Antonini just mentions Sessa. Giustiniani, who places the village 34 miles from Salerno on a place between mountains and non so much fertile, says that most of its 700 inhabitants were engaged «To sheep and to work crude clay pots ».
LONGITUDE: 15.074824799999988GO TO GOOGLE MAPS