At the first of the '600 (1616) existed in wild position just a church (St. Nicola) and a crusher with stores of the vassal of Camerota, marquis of Sangro, tha had build the church.
In the '700 rose «Marina» with few houses of fishermen among the rock-clifves «Good night» and «Layella».
In 1730 there was already a tavern. In 1776 the marquis made build a building for his summer stay. Rizzo signals that at the first of '800 there were already boats to the marine. A fishing-boat of 15 tons, three of 5 and two of 3. In that time it grew the industry of the ropes of «sparto», also use for the breeding of the mussels.
The coast is suggestive and enlivened by white rock-clifves and promontories intercalated from sandy beaches. To east Marina's dock dominated from the blessing Madonnina and from the slender tower of the harbour, with the native nucleus of houses of fishermen that gave life to the place.
LONGITUDE: 15.3720773GO TO GOOGLE MAPS